Friday, August 12, 2016

Appropriation Photo

For my appropriation photo, I chose a picture of Barney and his friends to PhotoShop myself into it. I chose this picture because it's an older show that has been around for a while and a show I grew up watching.
I used three different layers to create this photo. I first took a photo of Barney and his Friends off of the internet and opened it in Photoshop. The background was just plain white.
I then was given the opportunity to go outside during class to take pictures. I stood in front of a large bush in the Richland garden because that's where the best lighting was.
I went inside and opened PhotoShop on my laptop. I set the Barney picture as my first layer, and this photo of myself as my second layer to go over it. I used the quick selection tool to crop myself out of the bush background. I then placed myself in the center of the barney picture. The picture looked a bit dull with just the white background, so I added another layer on the bottom of everything to set as my background. I chose this star background.
In order to set the stars as my background, I had to use the Magic Wand Tool and crop Barney and his Friends out from the white. I erased the white part of the picture and placed them and myself onto this picture.
I had a lot of fun with this project. I didn't know how to use any of the tools I used in this before I started the appropriation project  and I am happy I was able to learn all about them through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment