Thursday, August 11, 2016

Photo Retouching on PhotoShop

I learned how to properly use Photo Shop to retouch pictures. I used tools like blender, spot healing brush, dodge, burn, blur, sharpen, smudge, clone stamp, and the eye dropper tool. I also was able to change contrast, hue, and saturation of my pictures.
Neutral light: Before and after

In this photo, I broke out the day before and had acne that I covered with the eye dropper tool and cloning stamp. With the eyedropper, I was able to pick a color off of my skin, and use the cloning stamp to put that color onto the top of my acne. 
I also sharpened the different features on my face. I used burn to go across my eyeliner, and I used the sharpener tool to go over eyebrows, eyelashes, the edges of my nose, and my hair and lips. I then used blur and smudge tool to go over the slight bags under my eyes because I took these pictures early in the morning.
Shadow: Before and after

This picture was the easiest one to edit. I didn't do much except for use the clone tool to paint over my bags. I also sharpened my jaw, the edge of my nose, eyebrows, lashes, and hair. I then changed the contrast of the photo to make it seem more clear. 
Direct sunlight: Before and after

This photo was the trickiest because it was in direct sunlight. The shadows over my lashes were intense and didn't know how to brighten the areas up a bit without making it seem unreal. In this picture I used dodge to dodge the shadows above my lip and under my eyebrows. I obviously have changed the coloring of this photo. Instead of the photo giving off a lot of red hues, it gives off a lot of yellow hues. The color change looks great on this laptop that I photo shopped it on, but when I transferred it onto my phone, the colors looked a little odd, but I kept it anyway. Also, the highlight under my eye and on my cheek bone is makeup. I intentionally left it there without toning it down with the photo shop tools because I'm poppin'. Thanks. 

1 comment: