Friday, August 19, 2016

Week 2 Projects

This was the first project we did this week. We worked with shapes and the ruler tools to make this symmetrical. I also learned how to change the color of individual shapes. This was very simple to do and took me only a few minutes. 

I used an organic background for this project. I took a close up of the flowers in the Richland garden and then set it as my background. I used the elliptical tool and held control to connect circles and make this shape. I'm not sure what it is. I then used pink and purple to color it in and then used a lot of different brushes to blend them together. I then took sharpening tool to make the colors look sharp and neat.

For these next two projects, I took a picture of the pond bubbles and also a brick flooring outside. For the top one I used the polygonal lasso to cut out the brick layer and then changed the hue to red and put the saturation up. For the water, I made the hue purple and turned saturation up to make it darker.

I used the same exact two pictures for this one. Instead  of making strips of lines, I took the elliptical tool and held control to make these individual circles of the brick floor. I made the hue of the brick blue and then the water orange to have this sort of contrast.

This was a neat project that I took too much time on, but came out well. I inserted a picture from the internet of a symmetrical ceiling of a mosque, I cropped the picture so that I just had the upper left piece, then I started coloring the shapes of it. I then duplicated that three other times, rotated and flipped them, and brought them together to make this.
I used Michelle's phone for this picture. It was a fun and frustrating project. I used the polygonal tool to select individual parts of this picture and used the eye dropper tool to get the exact color of them to color over it in paint. 

The hardest part of this project was figuring out what words  I was going to put. The first thing I did was set the background to this gradient pink and blue effect. I then took a photo that I had of myself and cropped it using the quick selector. I dragged it to this background, changed the contrast of it to make it stand out, and then added the words with the text tool.
\






No comments:

Post a Comment